[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Disappointed in Treasia Strepp of Southern Belle Invitations

Disappointed in Treasia Strepp of Southern Belle Invitations

Got something on your mind? Need to vent? Here's the place to let it all out!!

Disappointed in Treasia Strepp of Southern Belle Invitations

Postby taraburner » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:31 am

It's with much regret that I post this but want to inform others of the quality (if I can even use that word to describe these items) of product purchased from Treasia Strepp of Southern Belle Invitations.

Shoddy workmanship and no response from Treasia Strepp of Southern Belle Invitations that there is no way I can use these for The Gourmet Dog Bakery.

As you can see from the pics below, the shoddy workmanship of the product that I commissioned Treasia to do for $60.
Sadly, Paypal will not refund monies since this technically is "product not as described" and unless you purchase via eBay, they have no
way to confirm if this is the quality it should be, so Treasia has my $60 and I've wasted a month waiting for boxes and have nothing but a box
full of useless crappy smeared misaligned boxes that look like something a second grader made.

Treasia's site is http://www.southernbelleinvitations.com
She has not responded to emails since 12/24, 12/27, 12/28 and posting on her ryze page as well as her myspace.
I can forward the emails sent to her if anyone wants confirmation, just email me or PM me.

This is a prime example of something I blogged about at http://naturallytara.blogspot.com/2007/ ... their.html
where people leave and leave their business in limbo.
You make the determination from the pics below, is that the quality of product you'd expect or want from someone who says she does hand made invitations,
wedding invites, cards, etc.?
Not to mention no response to emails, guest book entries and comments left for her.
This certainly isn't how I run any of my businesses and can't believe that people actually think this is a professional way to run their business...
or perhaps it's more a hobby? than a business???
Here you can see the template markings on the bottom of the boxes,
it looks so second grade!

Here we have lines that are outta whack from her apparently enlarging a small clipart of a cupcake.

Here we have smear marks from using an ink jet printer and whacked lines from enlarging a clipart.

Here we have better look at whacked lines from enlarging a clipart.

Tara
taraburner

Postby Audrey » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:43 pm

What a shame that someone treated you this way.
Audrey

Postby ravish30 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:46 pm

That is horrible!

This is why folks need a back up plan for when they will be away for longer then 48 hours....its not hard to set up an email auto responder saying that you will be away on vacation from such and such time and will return on ____________ to handle business. That way customers know you didn't fall off the face of the earth.
ravish30

Postby Deb » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:58 am

Tara.

You said you have tried emailing her with no reply.

Have you tried to phone her?

Deb
Deb

Postby Deb » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:08 pm

Deb

Postby Deb » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:14 pm

Deb

Postby Audrey » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:35 am

I think Tara's hit it right on the head. Many many people hope to earn a few "extra" dollars, or hope to add to a spouses salary. This is fine, but do it in a way that won't hurt others.

If you can only handle 2 customers, then don't take on more than 2. If you can only work Jan-Oct, then be very clear those are your working months.

On the flip side, Tara counts on other businesses to provide her ingredients and supplies to run her 12 month a year business. Tara has many customers who in turn also have customers, all relying on her to provdie what they've ordered. If she doesn't come through, many folks are let down and when you are the SOLE SUPPORT of a family, not coming through is not an option.

Everyone takes vacations. Computer access is not always an option. Let folks know. From what I've read, this gal did a hurry up job before a trip. Why not say "I can't accept the order until after Christmas?" She might have lost the order, but she's lost the business all together now :(

My two cents on this.
Audrey

Postby taraburner » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:41 pm

it's all about COMMUNICATION and ACCOUNTABILITY.

I am responsible for two children by myself
additionally on the business realm I am responsible for 125+ consultants
ALL relying on ME to have product to supply their clients with.

One person drops the ball and if I don't have a back up plan not only does it affect me, but it affects all my consultants as well.

Had this idiot put a simple note on her site or autoresponder saying she was out of town, that would have alleviated part of the problem.

Had this so called business (more like HOBBYIST) emailed ME herself and made good and refunded my payment, she'd have more biz but instead now she'll suffer other than doing other hobbyist little orders. Had she fixed the issued with my order, that would've been large orders on a monthly basis.

So by refusing to communicate and refusing to refund me my $60 she just cost herself LOTS more in lost work from me.

How stupid is that?!
Tara
taraburner

Postby jillsartwork » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:08 pm

I always set up auto responder on my site and contact customers to let them know something came up and i'll be out of town and back working on such and such a date and also have a note posted on my website as well. although I do plan on this year getting a lap top to take with me. especially when we are away at baseball tournaments so I can still work on down time in hotel room.

Jill
jillsartwork

Return to Venting Area