[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - I have a vent!

I have a vent!

Got something on your mind? Need to vent? Here's the place to let it all out!!

I have a vent!

Postby ravish30 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:35 am

I have a BIG VENT...

Those with particular companies who join forums and message boards and ONLY spam ads. They do not come into the company specific threads and chit chat post...they don't introduce themselves and frankly they don't post anywhere else on the forums except in the ads threads.

I think this is unprofessional in my opinion. I dont have an issue with placing ads, I do it too but I take great issue with those who join forums and just make daily rounds spamming the ads threads.
ravish30

Postby Deb » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:52 am

We all hate it Shelley.

But thats just part of online forums.

They keep the mods busy! :twisted:

Deb 8)
Deb

Postby ravish30 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:59 pm

yeah....I see a few gals who make daily rounds and just spam ads and never ever post anything else! I have started warning them via PM on my forums and if they continue, I boot them. I set up forums to chat, share business info, give and get advice and yes advertise....but those with company XYZ who only join to spam should get lost!
ravish30

Postby Audrey » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:57 am

Shelly,

There are a few folks who I see on every board out there and their only "contributions" are ads.

The boards I moderate, we delete the ads, PM the folks and then if the folks don't wish to join in chat, we remove them.
Audrey

Postby ravish30 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:35 pm

I just get sick of it!

These Direct Sales Spammers can atleast welcome new members and ocassionally post in other topics...to join the forums and just spam their DS ads is ridiculous!
ravish30

Postby jillsartwork » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:53 am

yes you can't even get to know them and it's just plain rude. I won't buy from someone that does that.

i wanna know who i'm buying from.

Jill
jillsartwork

Return to Venting Area