[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - arggghhhhhhh!!!!!

arggghhhhhhh!!!!!

Got something on your mind? Need to vent? Here's the place to let it all out!!

arggghhhhhhh!!!!!

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:15 am

:evil:
oK , i AM FEELING PRETTY MEAN RIGHT NOW , LOL!!!
I had a Hostess who seemed promising , (sometimes I forget I can't read minds and see into the future!) she booked, rescheduled ,then again , then cancelled!!! That's 3 dates GONE ,never to be used again ,money down the toilet!!! I was able to maintain my professional , understanding voice on the phone , no major excuse from her ,just everyone is cancelling on me and doesn't have the money to order either , THENNNNNN....at my last weekend shows (which were really profitable by the way!) I told both Hostesses from day 1 that I need to close their shows that night , reminded them with each call and e-mail ,did they? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! This happens too ocassionally , any ideas on closing?
I think nearly EVERY show that is held open has at least 2 women that want to take books home that night to "show their significant other" then place and order ,do they? NEVER!!!
I love what I do ,I am good at it , I do make great money and don't feel like I'm working but these things just make me want to scream! You can't on the phone of course but I sure get colorful after I hang up , there's the times when you know that something really happened and can't be helped but when they don't do their homework after being closely coached , it makes you wonder why they booked in the first place? I assume they meant well then things just fell apart , do any of you find that the closer the booking from the date of the original show , the better chance that that show will hold? My problem seems to happen when bookings are about 4 weeks away or more.ok...I feel better ,for now ,I'm generally a very cheery person but this is my source of income and that is hard for anyone to take seriously , thanks...Lisa Jarva-Spice it Up parties

Postby Southerngirl » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:11 am

Passionately Yours,

Kimberly

UndercoverWear/Bedroom Magic
Where passion blooms

http://www.passionflowerboutique.com
http://www.YourAvon.com/rbennett
Southerngirl

Your troubles are my troubles, too

Postby bugnsamsmom » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:25 pm

I understand completely!

To answer some of your questions:

Yes, the closer the booking the better chance of having the show. My party plan rewards hostesses for bookings scheduled off their show. I tell the potentials that they must hold their show within 4 weeks for it to count. This does sometimes get them to not have their show but that just tells me that they were only doing it as a favor and not really serious about it. These shows always flop! I NEVER play cames where a show is a prize. These shows flop as well, even bigger than the ones booked as a favor. I play fun games, and offer decent door prizes and try to get a lot of guest interaction and rely on the wonderful quality of my products to encourage bookings that will work. :D

I allow one week before I close my shows. In most cases, this is because the hostess would like her guests to have 2 pay periods in which to have money from. I am ok with this. But, I don't let them railroad me. I let them know my deadline date and that I must close her show in x-amount of days in order for her to receive her hostess benefits. It's not true but it encourages her to get her guests to turn in their orders. I also let guests know that if they are not ordering the night of the show that they can call me/email me directly. And. I am always willing to pick up their order form and payment at their home or place of work. :lol:

As far as losing catalogs (or what i consider losing one) to non-ordering customers I charge a dollar for each catty. I have to pay for these though mine don't cost me as much as some other reps catties, I don't feel it is a good investment for them to go home with people who are not seriously considering placing an order. :roll:

I don't feel bad handing out little white lies when it really is in the best interest of the customer and more important my business. I work hard at what I do and don't want to throw my time, money, business supplies down the toilet. I have never had a hostess complain, they may not like it but they really do understand. If they need more time, I'll give it to them but with the understanding that if I don't hear from them by the date they give me, I will have to close the party and will let them know what they earned. :wink:

Good luck and hang in there! I've also found that a good stiff drink after some of these parties helps, too! :twisted:
bugnsamsmom

Well...I feel you too!

Postby homepartygirl » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:37 pm

I have started something new recently. One of our vendors for Home and Garden Party offers 25 gift certificates with envelopes for $4...and shipping...anyway....in the original packet that I give to the booking customer.....I put a letter in there telling them that if they have their orders and outside orders together and close the night of the party they will get a special gift from me to thank them for closing timely. I have been getting a great response by giving them a $15 gift certficate...and well when you are making a 40% commission...that would mean you pay just over $7 for the gift you have to give them when they redeem it. I don't give it to them until after we have closed out everything and then I tell them that is for the next order they place or party that they attend. I figured you can't go wrong. On the booking and rescheduling....that doesn't happen to me very often. But, if they do reschedule I pretty much get those invitations in the mail right away....sometimes that will make them feel guilty if they do decide to cancel...and then I will say well do you think since its a bad time for an actual party that you could do a book party with the books that I gave you? I try to play it into something else. As I said before...that works sometimes....have a great day!

Crystal
-:¦:- -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨)) -:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ My job's a party... -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* what's yours like?
homepartygirl

thanks!

Postby SpiceyLisa » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:21 am

thanks so much , I'll try that at my show tonight when I book , have a great and profitable weekend!!
Lisa Jarva
Spcie It Up
Independent Distributor
815-653-3222
zacaroonie99@msn.com
SpiceyLisa

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:30 am

Postby thewinelady » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:31 am

Pam Hubbard
Senior Consultant
The Traveling Vineyard
thewinelady

Postby Swidmom » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:37 pm

I am going through this right now with a Hostess who will not return my call or emails and I have to resort to using call block when I call so she will answer the phone! What is it with people these days? Very rude!
Ellen Swidler
Future Design Team Leader
The Glass Bracelet
Custom Jewelry designed in your home!

www.theglassbracelet.com
Swidmom

arrrghhhh....

Postby SpiceyLisa » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:53 pm

Thanks for the replies , it was old but still happens , I had a very bad summer , no shows from lots of pre-summer cancellations , but now Fall is almost here and things are picking up , I started offering incentives for the women to hold their shows , I off my 50% discount on one item in addition to the tons of free and severely discounted merchandise we already offer as a Hostess , that seems to have helped , I will no longer hand out free items before the party holds , it just doesn't pay sometimes , I don't lose a lot of bookings I just like to be busy all the time and have found other venues to hold shows so that opened up a whole new customer base , this business is hit or miss sometimes and I came to terms with that finally , even if you work at it 110% things still happen but I also find that things happen for a reason , thanks again :D
SpiceyLisa

Postby ravish30 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:58 am

I Offer a incentive to my hosts to get their parties closed within 72 hours after the party is over which I give them a FREE little product or something. I now get 97% of all of my parties closed within 72 hours.

Shelly
ravish30

Return to Venting Area