[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Barters & Product Swap Stiffers!

Barters & Product Swap Stiffers!

Got something on your mind? Need to vent? Here's the place to let it all out!!

Barters & Product Swap Stiffers!

Postby ravish30 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:49 pm

I am really getting sick of gals running around online and participating in barters or product swaps and then NOT following thru! Totally bad business and frankly don't they think it makes them look like a unprofessional business person?

That is my VENT for today.

Shelly
ravish30

Postby dreaminsilver » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:04 pm

We've had a lot lately too, haven't we? That stinks. I just don't understand LoverGirl!!

MB
dreaminsilver

Postby jewelrylady98 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:28 pm

I saw this discussion on Classy Chic's. Sorry to hear that happened!!
Wishing you a great weekend!!
Happy New Year!
~Shay
"If you can wear jewelry, YOU can sell jewelry!"
http://www.ryze.com/go/ShayDLady

Do you KNOW what is in your household products?
http://www.themomteam.com/smw98
jewelrylady98

Barter/Swap Stiffers

Postby bsballmom » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:03 pm

This absolutely stinks when someone would take advantage of a swap or barter and never fulfill their end of the bargain. Those involved in this should be banned from participating again. All they are doing is ruining their reputation.
Robin
lia sophia jewelry
http://www.liasophia.com/ringsandthings
That's A Wrap
http://www.creativegiftwrapping.com/ep29537.html
bsballmom

Postby ravish30 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:26 pm

I totally agree and that is what I did. I banned them from all CC programs.

I have been in home party plans and/or direct sales since the early 1990's and I have NEVER stiffed anyone on a product swap or barter. I consider myself to be a very professional business woman.

What do you all think of Business Collectors? What I mean is those who do over 10+ home businesses and rep for 10+ companies?

Shelly
ravish30

Postby ccarroll » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:55 pm

Biz collectors is not a great idea for people to get involved with. How do they make money when they don't know what to promote?

I don't get people selling the same type of product for different companies... like MK and Avon for example. How can you recommend one product over another? And your customers will be Confused!!!!

Chris
Chris

It's My business to help grow Your business!
Burn Clean
ccarroll

Postby ravish30 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:13 am

Chris I agree!

It is very confusing! I once went to a ONLINE party where one rep was marketing and advertising CANDLES from 2 different companies!

I don't think its good to promote similar competing products and companies. It's just bad business.

I am also tired of seeing a ton of fly-by-night companies popping up with all these free or $5 to join offers and people flocking to sign up.

Shelly
ravish30

Postby bianca5454 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:12 pm

Yikes, that stinks~

I had something similar happen to me about a year ago. I did call the company and they took care of it. I hosted a party and actually paid for some products that I never got (out of state thing).

I will say while it took a LONG time, the company was fantastic and made everything right for me. I don't know what ever happened to that rep though.
Bianca Stone
Watkins Associate
Order online at www.watkinsonline.com/home, enter ID# 358211

Visit my blog: http://funfood4u.blogspot.com/

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams~Elenor Roosevelt~
bianca5454

Postby cinnamonmomof3 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:54 pm

I know it makes it hard to want to trust anyone a do swaps. :(
[url]https://www.myinitials-inc.com/cinnamon[/url]
cinnamonmomof3

Postby Suzanne Laukka » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:27 pm

I've been tempted to sign up to do another business along with my Watkins business, but then I thought it would be better for me to concentrate on one and that I would do better than trying to split up my time and energy on multiples. Putting my all into one is all I can handle.
Suzanne Laukka
Independant Watkins Associate
www.watkinsonline.com
Use ID#369046 when ordering
Work From Home
www.tsginfo.com
Enter Code AK6449
Suzanne Laukka

Postby ravish30 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:04 pm

I do 2 businesses....one is FT and one is PT....a few weeks ago I ran into a girl online who had 16 home businesses...yes 16 of them with 9 of them being advertised in her "book" long signature tag! LOL
ravish30

Postby Suzanne Laukka » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:04 pm

LOL! I was determined to stick with only my Watkins business and look at me, after what I said, I'm doing 2. :oops: I can't imagine doing 16! I'll be quiet now. lol
Suzanne Laukka
Independant Watkins Associate
www.watkinsonline.com
Use ID#369046 when ordering
Work From Home
www.tsginfo.com
Enter Code AK6449
Suzanne Laukka

Postby ravish30 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:01 am

Personally, I think 16 is ridiculous....but that is my own personal opinion.
ravish30

Return to Venting Area