[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - My first rude call...help!

My first rude call...help!

Got something on your mind? Need to vent? Here's the place to let it all out!!

My first rude call...help!

Postby shelley » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:53 pm

I had been making my 5 calls today for bookings. I have had people in the past say no but they were very gracious about it. And of course you expect to get No's...but this lady was rude and made me feel like I was intruding on her precious time. I felt my face redden of embarrassement by her tone and her words. I felt horrible when i got off the phone with her and i told myself that I was not to blame for her rudeness. She most likely is miserable and is spreading her misery to others. Has anyone else experienced this? I am a bit nervous to call anyone else today as despite myself I am still a bit shaken by her.
shelley

Postby ravish30 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:36 pm

In our line of work....(home business) we will a lot of No's.

I do NOT take the No's personally and if I get a RUDE person, I blow them off....don't let one bad egg ruin your day. If she wasn't interested she could say so in a respectful way.

Shelly
ravish30

Postby tonja » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:48 pm

Cold Calling is hard !
We know that there will be No's But rudeness doesnt need to be an issue - some folks cant help it- and I sorta know how they feel when the tele marketers call my house and wake me up LOL

Here is another take on things - maybe will give you a laugh and make your day better LOL
I am a FT Mental Health Worker, assist adults with Chronic Mental Illnesses live on their own in the community
You would not believe HOW they get over junk mail - those things from Car lots that say they won or those "enter to win- just come and check your numbers" things They ALL think they have won- because it came in the mail is written down on paper, addressed to THEM ! - I have to tell them they Did NOT win - that it is JUNK mail that EVERYONE gets- people "Buy" mailing lists

Now when they get Telemarket or sollicitaion calls - WOW !!! It Often keeps them up at night wondering "How they got my number" They are unable to comprehend that people "buy" phone number lists - they say"But they knew my name" There are times they get woken up by these calls and tell me to "tell them to stop calling" or they say" I dont want them to call, why do they call me"

I try and try to explain - but to people who are paranoid, think things and others are against them - is REALLY hard to comprehend that these things happen to EVERYONE

Sooo Maybe you called a person like who I work with LOL

Just laugh it off and go on - dont let it get ya down - we ALL have days where we WANT to yell at others and can most times :? control that urge - BUT sometimes some folks just cant !

Tonja
tonja
Site Moderator

Postby taraburner » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:23 pm

don't take it personally!
that's the easiest and only way to handle it!

Tara :)
taraburner

Return to Venting Area