[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - How do you have an online party?

How do you have an online party?

Share your best tips on holding online parties! What games work best? What is the best way to encourage attendance?

How do you have an online party?

Postby lyndsey » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:31 am

I was just wondering how to have an online party?
~* Great Biz Opportunity With Kids Creations Sign up FREE until Dec.5th!*~

Get you Santa Letters today!
lyndsey

Postby angienewton » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:09 am

Hi Lyndsey,

I just posted info for Robin so I'll copy it here :)

Online parties are a blast! They aren't always as profitable as your face to face/home parties but just another way to promote your business. Even though sales probably won't be as big as your offline events, there are some benefits such as no food prep, product set up, no travelling and no set up. Yes, you will have to prepare in advance your special offers, advertising, invites, etc but it's much less work than your traditional home party. You can even do online vendor events similar to your offline fairs/festivals.

But for now we'll go over online parties where you have a hostess or mystery hostess or even have it as an open house where you are the host. Decide what route you want to take first. If you want to find others to host the party for you, you'll need to advertise that and show people what's in it for them :wink:

Set a date and time, find a location (online party room) that will accomodate your date, send out invitations and advertise (if you have a hostess, both of you will need to advertise for the event).

Then comes the party! Prepare everything in advance. All specials, your intro, the business info, etc should be typed out into a file so when it comes time to party, all you have to do is copy and paste into the chat room. Be sure to test out the party room in advance of the party to make sure it's easily accessible. On the day of your party be sure to arrive early in the chat room, welcome everyone who comes to the party (people are going to pop in and out during the entire party so be prepared for that).

Ok, so you're going to announce your specials and advertise your website link and specials throughout the entire party. Give time for people to browse your site. You can announce that you'll play a game too. If it's a 2 hr party, I usually start the game about 40 min-1hr into the party.

Be prepared and know your product.

Be sure to explain how your guests can place their orders too.

That is a basic overview! I would highly recommend that you attend a few online parties before one of your own unless you think you have a handle on it. The more you do, the better you get at it.

Hope this helps!
~Angie~

angienewton

Postby Kris LaBrake » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:48 pm

Thanks for the info Angie. I know that we aren't supposed to post online party ads here, so if someone is having one, could you pm me? I'd just like to check it out!

Kris
Kris LaBrake Regional VP Sales
Swissjust North America
Great opportunities for party pros' and newbies too! 75 Year Old Company - GREAT product - like new to the market! So much room to grow...and experienced coaching to help you realize your dreams. contact me today!
Kris_LaBrake@swissjust.net 603-753-2176
http://www.swissjustusa.com
Kris LaBrake

Online parties

Postby Rosalee » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:48 pm

I've had a few of these online parties - they're really a lot of fun!!

Rosalee Decker
Home & Garden Party
www.homeandgardenparty.com
Rosalee832@hotmail.com
1-360-458-5680

This is the Day that the Lord has made; we shall rejoice & be glad in it
Rosalee

HELP

Postby bdianed » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:48 pm

I am thinking about doing online home parties, First I would like to visit one and see how they work. But how do I find when and where these online parties are. I'm still very confused about it all.
May God Bless you
Sincerely; Barbara Diane
bdianed

Home online parties

Postby LisaH0328 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:37 pm

I have thought about doing an online party myself, but have no idea how to prepare to it and what to do. Where can I go to find a listing of some that are coming up so that I can sit in on a few of them? thank you!
Lisa H.
Lisa Holland
UL Independent Demonstrator
www.uppercaseliving.com
Demonstrator ID#478689
Token: Holland
A NEW way of decorating your home! Check it out!
LisaH0328

Postby LorettaA » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:28 pm

I have used http://www.wahwomen.com. The owner provides instruction on how the party will work and she moderates the party as well, greets people that come into the party chat, etc.

You would want to develop a script of what you want to say to people during your party time (usually 30 minutes) and be ready to answer some questions and tell people how to order.

Since the chat moves quickly sometimes, I recommend keeping your script to 2-3 lines at a time.

Good luck and have fun with it.
~* Loretta *~
Scentsy, Independent Consultant
LorettaA

Re: How do you have an online party?

Postby jsheets » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:49 pm

I would like to attend the next online party. I work as a thirty one consultant and we can do online parties, but I am not that familar with this type of party hosting. I likewise would like to attned and watch how you do this
Thanks
Janice Sheets
sheetsthirtyonebags@gmail.com
Consultant for Thirty One Gifts
Janice Sheets
Danville,Va
jsheets

Return to Online Parties - NEW TOPIC!!