[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Men's Holiday Shopping

Men's Holiday Shopping

Share your best theme party ideas and tips for home parties!

Men's Holiday Shopping

Postby SilverCal » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:10 pm

Hi! My husband is going to schedule a party in November for the guys to watch football and do a little holiday shopping at the same time! I sell jewelry so thought this would be a good idea, and help the guys with buying for their wives/girlfriends etc. Has anyone done a men's party? Would love some input on this.

Thanks,

Tracy
SilverCal Tracy
SilverCal

Mens Ssterling Silve jewerly parties

Postby LOVESILVER » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:00 pm

Traci,

I and other gals selling Hermosa Sterling have done these.....they are fantastic - espically during fotball season (in Dec as men like to wait before XMAS) ALSO with basketball around V-DAY!!!!! OFFER TO WRAP THE JEWELRY GIFTS and deliver them. Also - I may point out that you MUST offer a matching item (sell them 2 things minimally).......guys do not think of matching earrings, bracelets. etc..................and they do not want to say "NO" in front of their friends!

GOOD LUCK!
Julie DeJonge
www.HermosaSterling.com
LOVESILVER

Postby SilverCal » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:47 pm

Hi, Thanks for the great input! I was thinking about November because of holiday deadlines, but I will push it closer to December. And you are right about showing them matching pieces, guys don't think that way :D .

I had also thought about gift certificates, so that they could pay me up front say $50.00 or $100.00 and then the recipient would contact me to redeem. (This is if the guys can't decide) Have you done that? I will definitely offer the gift wrap and pretty envelopes or boxes for the gift certificates.

Male bonding with holiday shopping, I like it :D !

Tracy
SilverCal Tracy
SilverCal

Postby Desiree » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:50 pm

I was just commenting on another thread how much I LOVE THIS IDEA! I don't know if I would have ever thought to do something like this. :wink:
Desiree
Mama to Ethan (5) and Mary (3)

Come see how Marlo Quinn makes "scents"
http://www.MarloQuinnDenver.com

Stuff A Friend
http://www.stuffafriend.biz/members/stuffedforkids
Desiree

Postby LOVESILVER » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:08 pm

Traci,

I personally have not done the gift certificates with the "guy" parties - but that sure takes away the excuse of "I don't know what she will like"!

Great idea! I will definatley pass this on!

Thanks again!
Julie

ps, if anyone gets a chance - take a peek at a few new items added to the website!

www.hermosasterling
LOVESILVER

Return to Home Party Themes