[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Cant find more bookings!!!

Cant find more bookings!!!

Are you new to the party plan or direct sales industry? Post your questions here for us to help you out. If you have some advice for party plan newbies, please post your tips here as well. *NO Advertising Please*

Cant find more bookings!!!

Postby jappelcandle » Wed May 25, 2005 1:19 pm

jappelcandle

Postby Home&GardenGirl » Wed May 25, 2005 3:32 pm

Hi Hon,

Don't give up! Especially if it's a company with products you love! You won't have a booming business overnight. There are tons of ideas on here of how to get bookings. Check out the Booking Ideas message board, specifically Help Getting bookings by ewedeb and Booking Tips by ravish30

There are lots of ideas on those.

Good luck!
Mindy
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mindy Wheeler
Home & Garden Party Independent Designer
gigglezz78@hotmail.com
www.homeandgardenparty.com

** I LUV WHAT I DO...YOU CAN TOO **

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Home&GardenGirl

Postby ravish30 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:26 am

Hello,

I agree with Mindy....don't give up! It takes time & work to build up your business.

Hopefully with the bookings you do have you will get guests at those parties who will book from you.

Shelly
ravish30

Postby racheljohnson » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:55 pm

I am just starting out too.

I find that if I talk with some of the guests and mention that they can get the items they want for free or 1/2 price if they hold a show It will make them think about holding one of their own. Show them the specials they could get for that month and have a little "gift" for them wraped up. It doesn't have to be one of your products. I go to the dollar store.

My company really stresses their parites are a girls night out. You could try that angle.

Some people really don't like having the parties at their home. The Panera Bread Co. by my house let you use their back room if is't not booked for free. You could try to find a place like that.

Good Luck!
Rachel Johnson
Consultant
Michele Baratta atHome

Check out the photo frame pendants at
www.mbathome.com
racheljohnson

great company

Postby momof2 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:38 am

I agree with everyone! Don't give up! Anything worth having is worth working for! If you like the products you should use that excitement and share it with your friends.

I also like what rachel johnson said. I think you have the right idea...and so does the company you represent. (I love Michele Baratta jewelry by the way)

Best of luck!

You can do it! Just keep those positive thoughts going.
:lol:
momof2

Postby racheljohnson » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:21 am

Thank you momof2!

I'm just wondering what part of the country you are from.

I LOVE the Michele Baratta line but I'm having lot's of sitcker shock out here. I really didn't expect that. I don't think it's expensive for sterling silver jewelry at all!

Please let me know!

Rachel
Rachel Johnson
Consultant
Michele Baratta atHome

Check out the photo frame pendants at
www.mbathome.com
racheljohnson

Postby kodiakgirl » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:58 am

you didn't say which company you work with, I assume it is candle related- ( I sell Partylite and am a teamleader)

there are a lot of fun ways to get 3-4 bookings at each show.

a book to look envelop- write on a small peice of paper, recieve one dozen votives free.
one dozen tealights free-
free shipping

50% off a pillar, or something else
make 10-12 and seal in an envelop
wtite on the front BOOK TO LOOK
hand each out and ask them to hold them for a few minutes.
after you thank your hostess and give her your TY gift, ask the guests if they love to get things free
tell them they are holding something free or 50% off
and ask who wants to know what they have?
then tell them BUT you can't open the envelop unless the book and HOLD a show with in 2 weeks 3 weeks or a month( whichever you need)
tell them they can think about it for a few minutes
then go on with your demo.
when you get to the hostess program and you again remind them about the additional item they have in theier hands.
then go on with your demo
when you get ready to close ask them if they have any questions about the envelop, if not continue to close your demo,
as they approach to finish thier order ask for the envelop, and then with your calander open ask them when they would like to book.
remind them again tha t whatever is in the envelop is theres regardless of the sales total of the show they do, and you know how hard it is to NOT know what is in that envelop!!!

I book 3-4 shows every time. , I booked 4 shows even though there were only 6 guests!!!!
child care provider, Partylite consultant and Big yellow Box consultant.
kodiakgirl

Just Starting Out As Well

Postby DLuvsCandles » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:50 pm

I am just starting out too. I had my hostess party. It did great, but had no bookings. But I am not going to give up. You don't either!

Debbie
DLuvsCandles

I too am ew to Partylite and depressed

Postby CandleJen » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:15 am

I am also new and depressed. My consultant really never helped me get started. I lost a lot of shows when I first started due to cancellations and since then, I have done flyers, and so much. I even have a pocketbook with the open window in the front to have a catalog show through and have been using it hoping to get shows. NOTHING!!!!!!!!! I joined Curves to see, well a bunch of women, I can get back in shape and advertise, NOTHING!!!!!!! What can I do? I don't even get any leads and I don't know how to expand. I only have 4 shows in 2 months and 2 may cancel, how do I get some in between? I want to get bookings so bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Partylite Consultant
Jen Cameron
candlejen@hotmail.com
CandleJen

Postby ravish30 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:46 am

Hi Jen

I am sorry to hear that your upline recruiter has not helped you! Part of your success stems on having a great supportive upline/recruiter.

Since we are heading into fall, have you checked out getting a booth/table at local holiday & fall events?

Alot of civic groups and churches have holiday and fall bazars that you can get a booth at and they are usually very inexpensive....great for sales, host leads and recruit leads.

Shelly
ravish30

Thanks!!!!!!

Postby CandleJen » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:14 am

I am trying to get that started. I just heard from 1 person on a fundraiser, but I don't care for those. I did one already, and it was a waste of time. How do you find them? Just in the paper? I am so close to both Providence and Boston that I have no problem commuting, but I need to get my name out there.
Partylite Consultant
Jen Cameron
candlejen@hotmail.com
CandleJen

Postby ewedeb » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:39 pm

check out craftlister.com for events in your area.. I've done that and just network with other wahms for shows.. good luck
Debbie
ewedeb

Postby Mellonie » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:39 pm

Have you thought of offering a reward to your hosts, for when they have someone pre-book a party with you? This is especially great for guests he/she has invited who can not attend the party, but then book a party themselves. That could become a part of your personal rewards program and a major discussion during host coaching.

Just an idea to toss out. :D
Mellonie
Personal Wine Consultant
MelzVineyard@yahoo.com
Mellonie

Postby designer » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:28 pm

I feel your pain! I had an open house to start out and had no bookings!!!And have no one agree to host since. My warm market is anti-social! I did a street fair and got names from a drawing. Sent out lots of info but no response. I'm doing another this weekend but I'm about to give up on the party idea and just market my online shops. All the tips for getting bookings I've seen have dealt with people at a party and if you have no party how can you get bookings? We need a push to get the ball rolling!

Anyone ever mail out gift certificates for free products redeemable only when hosting a party?
designer

Postby Mellonie » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:39 pm

Well, it is true that the best place to get bookings is AT a party. Such as with an Open House, it should be done in a way that creates an atmosphere that is fun and looks like it's easy to do.

People are more likely to want to book a party with you not because your products are just out of this world, or that you blew them away with education, but because you were fun. You made them feel good, and they want to make their friends feel good (which makes them look like a hero, at the same time).

Secondly, they need to be able to look around and say to themselves, "I can do this." Simple snacks and beverages are best. The biggest mistake people make is throwing out a TON of food, or food that looked like consuming to make, or....the worse.....practically having it catered! If it looks too difficult and/or time consuming, they wont' want to do it themselves.

More importantly......don't stop at the word No. Ask "why". You can ask, in a very nice and non-threatening way. Such as, "Just for market research purposes, can I ask for your honest reason why you are not interested in booking a party? If it's personal, that's fine - you do not need to share your personal life with me, but for business purposes we, the company and I, would like to know, is it the product, our hosting rewards program, timing, etc.?" And then listen.

Their answers will give you a wealth of information to work with. You would be surprised at the number of people who DO want to host a party, but they have some kind of perceived notion that they think they must have or do and are convinced that they can't - which is actually easy to overcome.
Mellonie
Personal Wine Consultant
MelzVineyard@yahoo.com
Mellonie

Return to Advice for Party Plan Newbies