[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - game for party

game for party

Are you new to the party plan or direct sales industry? Post your questions here for us to help you out. If you have some advice for party plan newbies, please post your tips here as well. *NO Advertising Please*

game for party

Postby avonbetsy » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:28 pm

Ok- I'm not new to my business, but I've never had an open house before. I plan to have a pre-holiday open house in early november. Basically I'll just have all the products on display and my guests will browse. I'm planning to demo a few things too. I thought it would be fun to give away some gifts, and I need some kind of a game or drawing idea to decide who wins them. My guests won't go for anything too silly. Any good ideas out there? Maybe (but not necessarily) with a Thanksgiving, Christmas, winter theme?)
Thanks for your help!
avonbetsy
avonbetsy

Postby tonja » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:36 pm

Hi
If you are sending out invitations you could mark one and then let them know that one is marked and that person will win something - All who bring thier invitations with them could be entered in a drawing - all who bring an outside order or bring an a guest you did not invite - could be entered
As for games with a Holiday theme
Snowman Game

This is obviously a winter game, but can be adapted for any season. For summer, change the scene to a beach, complete with umbrellas; lifeguard in a chair blowing a whistle, shark in the water, sunbathers, sandcastles with flags, etc.! In the fall, have them draw a family raking leaves, geese flying south, pumpkins by a fence, etc. There’s even a recipe for “pumpkin poop”!

1. Close your eyes - and no peaking!
2. Draw the head of a snowman
3. Now draw the middle circle
4. Now draw the bottom circle
5. Give your snowman 2 eyes
6. He needs a nose
7. Now give him 2 arms
8. And 5 buttons marching down his front
9. Oh - he has to have a mouth
10. And you’d better give him a hat before he melts

· If the head and middle section are touching or overlapping - 5 pts.
· If the middle and bottom section are touching or overlapping - 5 pts.
· 5 pts. For each eye inside his head
· 5 pts. If his nose is inside his head
· 5 pt.s If his mouth is inside his head
· 5 pts. For each button that’s in the middle or bottom section
· If his arms are connected to his body, 5 points for each one
· 5 points if his hat is touching his head

You drew a snowman without using your eyes
I’m sure you thought you’d win grand prize!
For the winner I have snowman soup
And the rest of you get snowman poop!

Recipe for snowman soup: 1 packet instant chocolate milk
1 candy cane
Little bag of marshmallows
Tie it all together with Christmas ribbon

Recipe for snowman “poop”: Bag of little marshmallows

For the Fall version, here’s the “pumpkin poop” poem! J
-Pumpkin poop is a bag of candy corn.

You’ve tried your hand at artistry
Without the use of your eyes
And for our lucky winner
I’ve got a special prize!
I had started to carve a pumpkin
With my carving knife and scoop,
But when he saw your picture
Well, he took a little poop!
It looked so cute and funny
Just like a candy treat
So I’m sharing it with you, now
Because you are so sweet!

That's all I could find in my list of games
Hope your turn out is a GREAT one!
Tonja
tonja
Site Moderator

hi

Postby homemaker » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:59 pm

You could give tickets for a drawing.
1 ticket for arriving on time!
2 for bringing a friend
3 for spending 20.00

You can also include this in any other game you play.
My PL lady used to play a "what's in you r purse game" she asked us to find something that started with a named letter,and the first to get it out got a ticket.
It was fun becouse you would really be surprised what people have in their purse!
homemaker

Return to Advice for Party Plan Newbies