[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Help in Basics for planning a home party

Help in Basics for planning a home party

Are you new to the party plan or direct sales industry? Post your questions here for us to help you out. If you have some advice for party plan newbies, please post your tips here as well. *NO Advertising Please*

Help in Basics for planning a home party

Postby gmgblues » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:55 pm

I have my own personal care products that I've been selling for a couple of years now. I want to start to do home parties. I need advice on the basics of just putting it all together - I guess something like a basic party plan. I know what to do at the party (I think, LOL) it's putting everything together that the hostess will need, etc that I need assistance with. HELP!
Gail
gmgblues

Postby tonja » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:43 pm

Congrats on having your Own Biz
Well you need a hostess sheet - which has the things she is to do - such as prep an invite list, when she needs to mail the invites -when she neds to follow up with those she invited who has not rsvp, when she should follow up with EVERYONE and remind them of the party, goal of what host gifts she is shooting for - what type of sales will she need to achieve it - when she should make follow up calls - how many outside orders wshe should try to have - you need to be certain that she invite as many people as possible and really only plan on about half coming, what type f games host wants to play - give her a few choices or she may not even want games - find out the avg age of those invited to help put your party toward their age -discuss snack and beverages
I know I am missing alot but brain is tired LOL
Hopefully someone else will post with more ideas
Tonja
tonja
Site Moderator

Postby Sterling Silver Mary » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:18 am

Hi Gail....

Tonja is right, you should have a simple pack that you can hand to the hostess that is self explanatory because you'll verbally give her the info but she'll need something to referr back to.....

1. What are your hostess benefits? What will she be getting for free
2. Wish list for her, helps her know what to shoot for in free product, include a catalog if you have one for her wish list & to get outside orders
3. Guest list (simple sheet to fill in name, address, phone) with self addressed stamped envelope if you are going to send them out
4. Will you send the invites or her? Always very important for her to invite in person & use the postcards or other invitations as a reminder!
5. You should be in contact w/ her atleast 3 times before the party. 1- make sure date is ok, understand packet, give her date to get guest list back to your or date she needs to send invites out by. 2- check in to make sure she has invited her guests, any questions, has she made her wish list, has she gotten outside orders from friends who can't attend. 3- final count of guests, directions to her house, let her know what time you'll arrive, does she know anyone who might want to host a party.
6. arrive atleast 1/2 hour ahead of time to set up.
7. Do you have catalogs for people or monthly specials printed up.
8. Have your calendar to book future parties w/ guests, any incentive to have them schedule?
9. I don't play games at parties but some do, might want to consider.

Just a suggestion but it might be helpful for you to host a party from a direct sales company (something that is different from what you sell but that might have a program you want to model)

I would be happy to send you a sample hostess pack that I give out if you want to drop me a PM or Email.

Good luck! :P
Mary
Mary Novick
sterling_silver_mary@yahoo.com
Incredible .925 Sterling Silver Jewelry
"Everytime I go to work, I end up at a party!"
Sterling Silver Mary

Postby gmgblues » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:02 pm

Thank you ladies! This is very helpful.

The other thing I'm struggling with is just what incentives to offer the hostess. I was thinking a hostess gift, of course -- and maybe something special that I don't sell. Then was thinking of maybe 10% of sales of $100 or more. If sales increase should I then increase the percentage she can earn. Like over $200 another 5% or something like that?

I probably won't be doing games as a lot of time will be spent with the attendees just sampling different products -- unless the hostess really wants a game. I thought in the beginning after introductions to have each person write their name on a piece of paper for a prize drawing. I will probably have some small samples of items for people too, but trying to decide if I should just give each person one or how I should do that. I do want to get things started in an upbeat way though so everyone is enthusiastic.

I probably won't get these started until after the first of the year as I have a craft show coming up and a friend of mine offered to host an open house for me in early Dec. So I have a bit of time to work it all out. But I'd like to start spreading the word that I will be doing home parties and figure I better know the basics to tell people if anyone is interested LOL. Plus, who knows, I might get lucky and find someone that wants to do one right away :o

Sorry for the loooong post and all the questions. I really appreciate all of your help.
Gail
gmgblues

Return to Advice for Party Plan Newbies