[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Where to start?

Where to start?

Are you new to the party plan or direct sales industry? Post your questions here for us to help you out. If you have some advice for party plan newbies, please post your tips here as well. *NO Advertising Please*

Where to start?

Postby debbieoz » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:22 am

Hi everyone. I own my own business and would like to add home parties to it. I am starting from scratch, so please be patient with me. Any advise and guidance is very welcome. I guess first thing I need to do is come up with my hostess packet. Does anyone know of what I should put in it? Are there templets available for things like order forms and such. I will be constructing everything myself, so I'm really nervious about not forgetting anything.

Thanks everyone!
debbieoz

Postby Mellonie » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:37 pm

If you're really serious about taking your business into the party plan industry, you might want to contact the Direct Selling Association. www.dsa.org I know that they do assist people with creating their own party plan company, and I have heard that they even have a mentor program where you can consult with others.

About a hosting plan and packet, that can differ depending on your products and what you can afford to give as a reward to hosts (how they need to earn it, depending on your profit, etc.) so that's why I'm thinking that it might be a good idea for you to consult with an expert. :D
Mellonie
Personal Wine Consultant
MelzVineyard@yahoo.com
Mellonie

Postby debbieoz » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:37 pm

Thank you so much for the link. I'll be heading over there right away. The people that I've talked with about doing this are all ver positive. I really think this will be a good direction for my business to spread. :D
debbieoz

Postby Sterling Silver Mary » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:35 am

Debbie

Welcome to the board & good luck with your home parties! Let us know if the DSA was a good resource, I've seen others asking about starting up with home parties too.

Good luck!
Mary
:D
Mary Novick
sterling_silver_mary@yahoo.com
Incredible .925 Sterling Silver Jewelry
"Everytime I go to work, I end up at a party!"
Sterling Silver Mary

Return to Advice for Party Plan Newbies