[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - How do you get bookings/catalog orders no one is interest?

How do you get bookings/catalog orders no one is interest?

Are you new to the party plan or direct sales industry? Post your questions here for us to help you out. If you have some advice for party plan newbies, please post your tips here as well. *NO Advertising Please*

How do you get bookings/catalog orders no one is interest?

Postby Chrys23 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:18 pm

Ugh - I'm trying to get book orders to earn my kit (or part of it) and NO ONE is interested. I've had this problem before when I've tried other party plan ventures... Perhaps I'm just not good at this. :(

I really admire those who are successful at it! Any suggestions??
Chrys23

Postby Home&GardenGirl » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:55 pm

First, why aren't they interested?

Is the price too high?

Are you asking the right kind of people? (For example, if you sell kids' toys, are you asking parents or single people with no kids?)

Don't be afraid to hear "no". I know that's easy to say, but kind of hard to do, but it's the truth! For every "no" you get, you're that much closer to a "yes!"

Are you asking everyone? Does your neighbors know? Aunt's? Hairdresser? Bank teller? Old high school friends? Tell them you're interested in their opinion of a new biz you are starting and invite them to an open house at your home. (If you don't have your kit with products yet, will your upline let you borrow hers for your show? After all, it's in her best interest you succeed too.)

If you found a company that you believe in and that believes in you stick with it! It might be hard getting started (especially in January! Don't let poor sales in January upset you! It's a bad sales month for EVERYTHING!) Make sure you're selling something you like (better yet, love) if you don't believe in the product or company, you won't be successful.)

Good luck!
Mindy
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mindy Wheeler
Home & Garden Party Independent Designer
gigglezz78@hotmail.com
www.homeandgardenparty.com

** I LUV WHAT I DO...YOU CAN TOO **

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Home&GardenGirl

Postby tonja » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:04 am

It does seem hard to get a customer line going, but all good things take time to achieve
And there are many times when it seems like it will never work - I thought for certain I would not stay active with Tupperware, just as my 1 year Anniversary was approaching (this month) and then Wham I got a fundraiser - so I am ok until Jan- Feb and these are some hard months - folks are getting over the Holiday spending and starting to focus in on taxes
I have found that I do best at craft shows, fairs and festivals - but finding ones that allow home party plans is hard - but This is how I have stayed active
I hope you can find your niche and stick it out!
Tonja
tonja
Site Moderator

Postby ttbyvicky » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:07 am

Hi Chrys, you don't mention if you already have customers so I take it you are starting from scratch. What helped me when I started was telling everyone I knew about my business. Two of my best hostesses are friends of a friend. I hosted a party, invited all my friends and gave away the hostess credits (I used it as a prize to one of the games). Do you have another job that you can tell people about your business?

You could also offer incentives for hosting a catalog show, such as discounted or free shipping, free item when they order a certain amount etc. What have other distributors in your business done to earn their kit?

Feel free to email me with any questions. You'll get there though so hang in there!
Be sure to ask me about my monthly specials and birthday discounts!

Tasteful Treasures by Vicky
www.tastefultreasures.com
Distributor #1319
TTbyVicky@yahoo.com
(240) 606-2376
ttbyvicky

Postby Sterling Silver Mary » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:39 am

Hi Chrys23

Not sure what you have already tried but here are some suggestions:

Make a FRANK list (EVERYONE you know who is a Friend, Relative, Aquaintance, Neighbor, or involved with Kids). Don't limit this list to people you think will do parties. Don't even think about it, just start writing.

After you have a good size list, go through and mark A,B,C (A's you think will have a postiive response, Bs are maybes and Cs are you doubt it). There are different philosophies on if you should start with your A list first or you C list. Depends on if you would rather get your NO's out of the way and be pleasantly suprised when they say yes... plus it is good practice using your Cs so that when you get to your As you'll have the calling down to a science. Start calling.... have a special if you need one, it is always easier to call if you have something to offer.

Also... do you post flyers EVERYWHERE?

How about little "goodie" bags at places that might have a piece of candy & your business card & a limitted time special. (I don't know your business so it is hard to give specific advice)

I don't agree that January & February are bad months for direct sales. I think every month is an opportunity and it is all in what you do with it. I have a girl joining my team January 2nd & she already has 5 parties booked in January. It is very duable, it is all in your attitude.

If you want to chat more about getting your business rolling, feel free to PM or email me.

Good luck!
Mary
:P
Mary Novick
sterling_silver_mary@yahoo.com
Incredible .925 Sterling Silver Jewelry
"Everytime I go to work, I end up at a party!"
Sterling Silver Mary

Return to Advice for Party Plan Newbies