[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - First Party Jitters...

First Party Jitters...

Are you new to the party plan or direct sales industry? Post your questions here for us to help you out. If you have some advice for party plan newbies, please post your tips here as well. *NO Advertising Please*

First Party Jitters...

Postby NightfallFashions » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:54 pm

Well, our first party is nearing and I'm getting a bit nervous. My partner and I are working on our presentation, and the people who will be attending this party are good friends and acquaintances.

But I'm still nervous.

Anyone have any ideas/tales/comments about their first party? Any advice?

Jennifer
Lingerie? Adult toys? Honest discussions about sexuality? Discreet adult shopping?
All that, and more:

NightfallFashions

Postby Home&GardenGirl » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:00 pm

Soon you'll have no problem doing parties and not be nervous at all! The only tip I can think of is....they won't know if you forget to say something, or change the order of how you talk. Also, don't be afraid to use notecards. After 2 1/2 years I still do, it also helps to show people that your job is duplicatable. You don't want it to look too hard that people may be intimidated to try it themself!

Good luck!
Mindy
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mindy Wheeler
Home & Garden Party Independent Designer
gigglezz78@hotmail.com
www.homeandgardenparty.com

** I LUV WHAT I DO...YOU CAN TOO **

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Home&GardenGirl

Postby allhisblessings » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:54 pm

I totally understand. Just try to be prepared. I made notes that I printed out for myself & kept nearby.

The first one is the hardest, after that, you'll be a pro! :D Good luck! :D
God bless, Angie---wahm to 6 blessings

allhisblessings

Postby NightfallFashions » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:11 am

Oh my gooness do I feel bad!

We have been SO busy with everything lately that I have not had time to post back. Our first party was a huge success and everyone who came loved it. We both were a little nervous at first but then we just got over it and did great.

We have had four parties now and I feel we are getting better with each one. I love this business and am so glad to be doing such!

Thanks everyone for the great support!

*hugs*

:)
Lingerie? Adult toys? Honest discussions about sexuality? Discreet adult shopping?
All that, and more:

NightfallFashions

Postby Home&GardenGirl » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:04 am

Good for you! Congratulations on your success! Keep it up!
Mindy
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mindy Wheeler
Home & Garden Party Independent Designer
gigglezz78@hotmail.com
www.homeandgardenparty.com

** I LUV WHAT I DO...YOU CAN TOO **

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Home&GardenGirl

Postby queenofmp » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:13 pm

Yipee...could you share how you overcame your jitters?
Louann Cormier

Spice up your life with Megan's Pantry
Home Parties - Fundraising - Customer Appreciation Gifts - Home Based Business Opportunity
http://www.mymeganspantry.com
queenofmp

Postby NightfallFashions » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:39 pm

Well I think the best way I over came my jitters was to just do it, lol. Before the party Iw as a mess but then as the presentation went along I just kind of forgot about being so nervous.

It also helped me to try and focus on my presentation and go with the flow! I am still a bit nervous bit soon as the party starts it's just so much fun I'm not worried anymore.
All that, and more:

NightfallFashions

Return to Advice for Party Plan Newbies