[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - How does direct selling affect tax refunds?

How does direct selling affect tax refunds?

Are you new to the party plan or direct sales industry? Post your questions here for us to help you out. If you have some advice for party plan newbies, please post your tips here as well. *NO Advertising Please*

Postby rt20push » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:40 pm

I can't seem to find this answer on my own... And I am afraid my team leader may not want totell me but my husband is concerned? I am brand new to direct selling and I love it but I need to be prepared for next year, Thank you for your help!
rt20push

Postby KristinOhio » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:32 pm

Well, if you keep good records -- having a 1099 from your direct sales company can be a lifesaver for your family's taxes!!

First of all, keep track of everything you pay for. Mileage (even to run to the post office to pick up stamps), product, food you pay for your Open House, etc. ANYTHING and EVERYTHING!!!

Next, figure out how much you use your online service, cell phone, etc. for business. You can deduct that percentage from your bills and write it off on taxes.

If you're rolling in the cash (more than $1,000) per month, then set aside approximately 35% of your paycheck for taxes. That's a generous amount, but at least you'll be safe.

Otherwise, don't worry. I've heard that some people open small businesses just for the tax write-offs. My business has definately helped our bottom line the past two years.

Good luck and enjoy your business!!!!
Creating the In-Home Spa Experience.
www.spadestinations.com/kristincargill

I know God won't give me anything I can't handle, I just wish he didn't trust me so much. (Mother Theresa)
KristinOhio

Postby rt20push » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:45 pm

Thank you so much for the advice! You saved me a weekend of arguing !
rt20push

Postby KristinOhio » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:50 pm

Lol :lol:

No problem. Believe me -- it can actually benefit your return. Just keep good records (especially mileage) and keep all receipts.

Have a great weekend!!
Creating the In-Home Spa Experience.
www.spadestinations.com/kristincargill

I know God won't give me anything I can't handle, I just wish he didn't trust me so much. (Mother Theresa)
KristinOhio

Return to Advice for Party Plan Newbies