Recruiting and working with a downline?

Are you new to the party plan or direct sales industry? Post your questions here for us to help you out. If you have some advice for party plan newbies, please post your tips here as well. *NO Advertising Please*

Recruiting and working with a downline?

Postby soylightvicki » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:05 am

Hi! I am pretty new to direct sales - just started last fall with a company that is also new to home parties. I am in the second tier and there is only one person in the tier above me!

Needless to say, I need some tips on recruiting and then working with a downline. I have one person under me, and I try to make contact with her every now and then to see how things are going. She is very busy (works full time in addition to selling) and doesn't often get back to me unless she has a crisis. Is there something else I should be doing?

I don't have a team yet, but I'm looking for any tips and/or ideas on how to manage and/or motivate my team as it grows.

Thanks in advance for any info you may have!
soylightvicki

CAndles

Postby poncesand » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:17 am

Hi Vickie, I see you posted this message 2 months ago.... how are you doing in building your team? Visited your website, it's very nice!

Sandra Ponce
www.burningtoearn.com
poncesand

It's going well!

Postby soylightvicki » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:41 pm

Sandra,

Things are going really well! I have moved up into the very top tier because my upline ended up quitting. It's great to be up at the top of the company, but scary because I have no upline to learn from, and I've never been in direct sales before!

But it's a lot of fun, and I am learning more all the time. I have 3 people under me currently, and at least 3 leads who are in the process of signing up or are considering signing up.

It's exciting to be part of a new company that is doing so well and I can't wait for us to grow even more!

Take care, thanks for asking how things are going!
soylightvicki

Return to Advice for Party Plan Newbies