[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - First party over...now what?

First party over...now what?

Are you new to the party plan or direct sales industry? Post your questions here for us to help you out. If you have some advice for party plan newbies, please post your tips here as well. *NO Advertising Please*

First party over...now what?

Postby kellskandles » Sat May 20, 2006 11:20 pm

Well...first party is done...prety good, especially for a spring party...almost $200 and only 6 people showed...I am pretty happy...one booking but she wants to wait till fall...

Anyone want to host a candle party?

OK, so NOW, how do I find bookings?
Gary Mason
Kell's Kandles - The ultimate online source for scented soy candles and candle accessories!
http://www.kellscandles.com
Check out my board at: http://www.kellscandles.com/forum/
kellskandles

Postby Deb » Sun May 21, 2006 3:52 pm

Hi there.

Try not to get discouraged.

There are many ways to look for bookings when your stuck.

Here are "two" EXCELLENT threads by members here.
This will help!

"82 WAYS TO GET BOOKINGS!"

http://www.homepartyplannetwork.com/boa ... highlight=

AND,,,

"EXCELLENT IDEA'S FOR FINDING PARTIES"

http://www.homepartyplannetwork.com/boa ... highlight=

Deb
Deb

Postby tonja » Sun May 21, 2006 6:42 pm

That was pretty good for a first party - especiallyfor a New Product line !
How about Craft Shows, Fairs, Festivals - these are usually around $25 for space cost and a GREAT way to get you name and product out to the customers
Are there any little shops around you that rent out space? Maybe set up a display of your candles and sell this way
How about Flyers, newspaper , look for some others vendors in your area see if any want to swap parties - see if any are planning a vendor blendor - anything you can do to get your name and product out there so that the customers can find you and then you can try to get them to have parties!
Oh and I just realized I forgot to place that order! Things have ben busy, went out of town for training for FT job and then just had a festival this weekend! - I will get something ordered I told you I am a candle nut
Do check out those links as well , as there is some great advice there! Don't rush it, it will come, just give it time, all good things take time and come to those who wait !
Tonja
tonja
Site Moderator

Thanks Tonja...

Postby kellskandles » Wed May 24, 2006 6:58 am

Appreciate the encouragement...I managed to get two new bookings...so am now excited about them...next one is June 16...so have a while to get ready for it...I think it will take off as things progress, and I need to learn to close a couple bookings at each party...that'll make life easier!
Gary Mason
Kell's Kandles - The ultimate online source for scented soy candles and candle accessories!
http://www.kellscandles.com
Check out my board at: http://www.kellscandles.com/forum/
kellskandles

Postby poncesand » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:13 am

Hi, the main thing you need to do is ASK every person at the party "so, when would you like to have your party" ask, ask, ask...

Good Luck!
Sandra Ponce
www.burningtoearn.com
poncesand

Postby ccarroll » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:39 am

Sandra is right. Ask everyone if they would like to book. If they are buying several items and have been talking about your products during the party, ask if they would like to earn some free. Have a dating sheet with the days and times you are available at the check out table and get them to commit to a date right then. If they say they cannot have a party coz their house is a mess, recommend, have it at your house or a resturant.

Think ahead of excuses people come up with so you have the answer for it. Combining parties with friends is fun too. that way you will have double the people invited and they can share the hostessing duties.

Good luck!

Chris
Chris

It's My business to help grow Your business!
Burn Clean
ccarroll

Return to Advice for Party Plan Newbies