[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - help with motivation for a new idea

help with motivation for a new idea

Are you new to the party plan or direct sales industry? Post your questions here for us to help you out. If you have some advice for party plan newbies, please post your tips here as well. *NO Advertising Please*

help with motivation for a new idea

Postby josie » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:13 pm

i am thinking of setting up my own party plan / catalogue distribution company, but i guess i am really scared i know that if i put my all i can make it a success, but i keep thinking will it be worth it, will i make any money?, it would be for beauty products. you guy are really knowledgable and i guess what i really need is a business mentor, does anyone on here fancy giving me a kick up the butt as it were and pushing me to be brave? thanks josie :lol:
josie

Postby tonja » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:53 pm

Why not give it a shot - Is it a product that there is a need for, that people buy anyway, that you can make and sell at reasonable costs to make a proffit - have you checked into all tax laws, sanitation, patents etc - to see what all the rules are so that you know you are doing nothing wrong
Is there a way to do some marketing to see the need for it before hand - to see if it is worth your time and money- have you thought about advertising methods, how would you get folks to join up as Reps to sell your products - what method of selling would you allow and not allow- determing shipping cost - by weight or by amount of money spent
I would be nervous , but if you have the time, the money to invest and the get go to get it done - then I would say go for it - just check everything out before, so you dont start and then run across something that would stop things for awhile

Let us know what you end up doing, so we can say we knew you before you were successful and famous !
Tonja
tonja
Site Moderator

Postby ccarroll » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:50 am

Chris

It's My business to help grow Your business!
Burn Clean
ccarroll

Postby ravish30 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:48 pm

excellent advice Chris!

Shelly
ravish30

READ THIS SHORT SHORT BOOK

Postby LOVESILVER » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:09 pm

You must read this Short book by Mac Anderson: "The Nature of Success"
I would have never survived the start up of my company. I read it daily (STILL). This particular poem gave me a kick in the pants:

The Poem is called "TO LIVE", author unknow - poem taken from the book
"The Nature of Success"

TO LIVE

THERE ONCE WAS A VERY CAUTIOUS MAN,
WHO NEVER LAUGHED OR CRIED.
HE NEVER CARED, HE NEVER DARED,
HE NEVER DREAMED OR TRIED.
AND WHEN ONE DAY HE PASSED AWAY,
HIS INSURANCE WAS DENIED......
FOR SINCE HE NEVER REALLY LIVED,
THEY CLAIMED HE NEVER DIED.

You have nothing to lose

Julie DeJonge
www.hermosasterling.com
LOVESILVER

Re: READ THIS SHORT SHORT BOOK

Postby propartyplan.com » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:37 pm

Marlo Quinn!! Ground Floor Opportunity
http://www.marloquinn.com/naturalglow
ProPartyPlan.Com-Resources for those in direct sales, party plan, work at home business...
Check us out at: http://www.propartyplan.com
propartyplan.com

Re: help with motivation for a new idea

Postby Tina » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:40 am

Tina

Postby suesquier@yahoo.com » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:46 pm

Hi Josie - Have you decide whether or not you are going to start your own company?

I've just started mine and I'm way nervous.

Sue
suesquier@yahoo.com

Return to Advice for Party Plan Newbies