[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Taking Credit cards

Taking Credit cards

Are you new to the party plan or direct sales industry? Post your questions here for us to help you out. If you have some advice for party plan newbies, please post your tips here as well. *NO Advertising Please*

Taking Credit cards

Postby tlf001 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:24 am

Hi there!
I would really like to be able to accept credit cards because I sell a higher end product. I know I can go through my bank, but I really don't want to buy the $400 machine.

Any suggestions or recommendations?
I have looked at the info on Paypal, but they seem to do online billing.
I googled the topic but I'm not sure who to trust.
Tracy
Newbie with Beijo Bags!
(no online advertising after Aug. 1)
tlf001

credit cards

Postby bubbles32 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:24 pm

Try Paynet phone number 1-800-829-1989
ask for paul Bogdon ext. 471 please tell him I sent you.
Also you can find machines like the trans330 pretty reasonable on Ebay

hope this helps
bubbles32

Postby bianca5454 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:14 am

It's been a VERY long time, but when my hubby was in business, the bank gave us all the equipment for free and we just paid the merchant fee.

Check again with your bank. Maybe by opening up a business account, those features will be included.

HTH~ :P
Bianca Stone
Watkins Associate
Order online at www.watkinsonline.com/home, enter ID# 358211

Visit my blog: http://funfood4u.blogspot.com/

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams~Elenor Roosevelt~
bianca5454

Postby FACJeweler » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:04 am

Hi Tracy,

Have you also tried ProPay at www.propay.com? I am in the jewelry business and although the average piece is $29.99 - 39.99, I have pieces that range from $129.99-$299.99+ so I understand the need for credit cards to help your clients get what they want in the case of pricier items.

I made my own very professional looking credit card slips (or use your company provided ones) to gather all necessary information. I can call in the credit card info right there at the show (with ProPay), but I prefer to enter them all online when I get home from my shows. (just my prefererance-as I like to mingle with the guests) You will have your money within 2 business days.

I hope this helps.

Tatjana
Tatjana
Independent Jeweler
Fifth Avenue Collection
http://www.fifthavenuecollection.com/TWilliams
glitterbox@facmail.com
I am emailing FREE Glitter Magazines. Want One?
FACJeweler

Postby yministry101 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:16 am

Our company reccomends Propay it goes through to your bank account I believe. Maybe you could try them
Amber Joy Imhoff CM#1132
NOAH’S ARK WORKSHOP
Traveling “Make-Your-Own-Stuffed-Animal”
Ask about our NEW Bella Bee Glamour Girl Character Building Workshops!
Great for Birthday Parties, Camps, Girl Scouts,& more…
Visit us on the web to book your workshop today:
http://www.noahsarkworkshop.com/amberimhoff1132
yministry101

Postby simplelife » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:33 pm

My Husband does Credit Card processing for a living.

He can guarantee you the lowest rates with processing and the equiptment.

He now offers the newest hand help slider! Very sleek and fast!

Call him toll free at 1-877-387-2381 and tell him his wife sent you!
He will cut your the best deal then! :)

He beats most of the prices out there and he will work with you!

ASK FOR CHRIS!
To Join Moonstruck Candle Visit...
http://www.MoonstruckCandle.com
Add Carola Wijas as your Referral!
Promotion Code "NOVEMBER"
to get kit for only $10.00 !!
simplelife

Postby SoyJoy » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:05 am

Thank you all for the Great info. I plan on doing a few Vendor/Craft fairs with my New business, & wondered what my options may be in this area. I will definitely look into both avenues :lol:

Have a BLESSED week-end, Lauralyn
Lauralyn Harvey
SR. Independent Consultant
www.MarloQuinn.com/Soyjoy
~*Not all Soy candles are Created Equal~*~*

$10 signup/FREE Website/25% & more profit margins/5% on 3 levels
SoyJoy

Postby simplelife » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:23 am

simplelife

Postby simplelife » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:30 am

simplelife

Postby DeliaChic3 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:58 am

PayPal does offer a Virtual Terminal go to www.paypal.com/vt
and it will explain how that works (different than the online billing), you have to pay $20 a month to use it, but the merchant fees are by far less expensive than other places I've looked and it is a company I trust!

Hope that helps!

~~~~~~
Krista Bainbridge
Senior Demonstrator
Gold Canyon Candles
deliachic3@Hotmail.com
414-322-8310
DeliaChic3

Postby simplelife » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:11 am

Paypal is ok I guess,

It is a bit more expensive if you break it down.

To get paypals merchant rate you have to have at least $3,000.00 USD per month in sales volume. Thats alot of volume! Can you do this in sales?

They charge you $20 a month yes...but you NEVER own the equiptment as it is virtual...you can lease one from us, and it is a 100% tax write off...and you get to own it!

We have no monthly minimum requirements and our swipe rate is .20-.25 cents. Paypal is .30 cents per card used each time.

I guess it all depends on what you can afford and the service you want it for.

Its hard to take a computer with you to a craft show or a home party.

You could lose a sale because someone might not want to write down their card information in a form and risk someone stealing their number.

Plus...what if they do give you their credit card..you write it in the form or they do...you give them the product...they walk away...you go home to punch in the numbers in your computer to paypal...then find out the card WAS NO GOOD! Now what!

...our hand held wireless terminals go everywhere. You swipe it and its a done deal.
simplelife

Postby Kris LaBrake » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:44 pm

I don't know if you found your solution yet, but I have either 2 or 3 credit card machines with printers that we are just about to get rid of...I'd be willing to part with each set for like $20 plus shipping if you're interested. Just let me know!
I know that when we first bought them they cost a couple hundred each and that is way too much for someone to spend unless they are making LOTS of money!
Kris LaBrake Regional VP Sales
Swissjust North America
Great opportunities for party pros' and newbies too! 75 Year Old Company - GREAT product - like new to the market! So much room to grow...and experienced coaching to help you realize your dreams. contact me today!
Kris_LaBrake@swissjust.net 603-753-2176
http://www.swissjustusa.com
Kris LaBrake

Postby HMS » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:53 pm

If you are still looking for a solution I can help. I work for a national bank setting up internet and home based businesses with credit card processing. In a previous post someone had mentioned that they have a terminal they are willing to get rid of for $20 - if it is a modern terminal get it. You can't beat that. (To the terminal poster - what make/m,odel is it?)

Once you have the terminal I would be able to activate and account and program the terminal at no charge. As far as processing costs.... see below.

Swiped rate (when card is swiped throgh terminal) 1.64%
transaction fee $0.18
Statement Fee $10.00 per month
Monthly Minimum $0.00
Activation Fee $0.00
Annual Fee $0.00

If you are interested in looking at what we have to offer, please call or email me anytime. talk to you soon.
S Kimberling
Vice President - Humboldt merchant Services
877-635-3339
email skimberling@hbms.com
HMS

Return to Advice for Party Plan Newbies