[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - new to home business and need help getting bookings?

new to home business and need help getting bookings?

Are you new to the party plan or direct sales industry? Post your questions here for us to help you out. If you have some advice for party plan newbies, please post your tips here as well. *NO Advertising Please*

new to home business and need help getting bookings?

Postby chattymom24 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:09 pm

Hello. I am a newbie with BeautiControl Products and am having trouble getting up and running. I have had 3 shows scheduled and the first one cancelled she will call to reschedule (yeah right!), the other 2 were book or catalog shows and neither girl got any orders. Is it to forward for me to ask them to book a show a home show because the products sell better if they can try the products?

Any help or guidance would be great. I do not want to go back to work 3rd shift. I dont think my body will handle that.

Thanks a lot. Darlene
Skepticism breeds failure, while belief leads to success. Make everyday a beautiful day and always do things to help your business and self esteem grow.

Darlene Neer
chattymom24

Postby tonja » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:15 am

How about an Open house- you get the host credits to build your kit

Or a Mystery Host- have a party, show the products then those who order put their name into drawing, you select and that person gets host items

Find a craft show that you can set up at- hang flyers, put ad in paper, give ot Biz cards everywhere you go - find others in direct sales/party plans and do a vendor blendor

Pass out biz cards EVERYWHERE you go- grocery store, gas station, post office, laundry-

any parades comeing up for your area or surrounding? Walk the route while folks wait and pass out flyers- I have done this many times announcing my Biz and when having and open house close to the time of the parade

Just keep trying, takes awhile to get a customer base built up!
Tonja
tonja
Site Moderator

Postby Jenni18 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:28 pm

Hi Darlene!

I'm a newbie to this too. Only a few months. And I've stalled out. :( Here are somethings I'm doing to build my customer base.

Making flyers and offering a freebie of some sort if you book a show. I then pass those out to neighbors, any where I can put 'em.

I also made little goodie bags. I sell Partylite, so I wrapped a votive in tissue and tied it with pretty ribbon, put my card and a gandle care guide and also the same flyer as above, but smaller. I've passed out only a few, but I've given them the cashiers at my fav store, my son's speech therapist, and I'm planning on hitting the mall to meet other moms and hand 'em out. Or even nail spas and hair salons. I did this b/c I felt it would be easier for me to talk about my biz by just small talking a bit get a feel for them and Oh, let me give you this... and pull it out of my bag.

I've also contacted some other home party reps in my area to see if they wanted to allow me a short demo at an Open House or workshop they are having. I've gotten 3 no's so far... it's not a good time. Next year! lol Getting a little discouraged, but for each no, I'm just gonna email 3 more people. I swear I've emailed at least 20. I know someone's gonna say yes.... all I need is 1 and then I can get into a new group so to speak. Even tho these people are telling me no, I'm sending catalogs, and I will touch back with them when the new catalog comes out!
Jenni18

82 ways to get bookings

Postby Kris LaBrake » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:52 pm

There should be a couple ideas in here that you haven't tried yet - DON'T give up!!! Just keep trying! I suggest you take out a paper and write out the word "no" 100 times. Every time you get a NO cross one off on your paper...bet you can't get 100!

82 WAYS TO GET DATINGS
1. Send a catalog to a co-worker that has moved.
2. Send a catalog to other consultants you deal with.
3. Post a catalog in the teacher's lounge at your child's school.
4. Post a catalog in the employee lunch room.
5. Hold an open house.
6. Have a booth at a school fair.
7. Advertise in your alumni newsletter and/or local newspaper.
8. Give a catalog to the receptionist at your doctor's or dentist's office.
9. Include a wrap or flyer with your bill payments.
10. Call past hostesses.
11. Put current catalog or wrap in your neighbor's door. Include a coupon for a special discount.
12. Ask friends to have a show.
13. Advertise in your church bulletin.
14. Take a catalog to any social meetings you attend.
15. Host an office party or brunch.
16. Host a show before or during a PTA meeting
17. Mail out samples, catalogs and a wish list.
18. Host your own show. Could even be fund raiser for your favorite charity.
19. Get a list from Welcome Wagon. New people may be looking for a consultant or a new job in this area.
20. Set up a display at a craft fair.
21. Participate in a school fund-raiser.
22. Have your husband or significant other promote the products at work.
23. Have you and your family members wear a T-shirt or sweatshirt with your logo.
24. Hold a Christmas Shopping Show for men (or for Mother's Day).
25. Offer a Christmas wish list to your guests and then call the gift giver and tell him what the guests wants.
26. Set up a display at a mall.
27. Put an "ask me about (name of your company)" button on your
purse or coat.
28. Ask past hostesses at shows to talk about their free products.
29. Hold an opportunity night nearby.
30. Random mailings. Open a phone book and randomly choose.
31. Mention hostess gifts and other benefits at least 3 times per show.
32. Hold up higher priced products and to encourage bookings.
33. Mention how much your "average" hostess gets in products.
34. At the beginning of your show, mention the hostess goal.
35. Share upcoming specials at shows and during phone calls.
36. Tell your hostess how much she saved by having her show.
37. Encourage frequent customers to regularly plan shows.
38. Encourage hostesses to rebook shows as soon as new brochures or campaigns start. She'll be the first to see and try our new products at her next show.
39. Treat hostesses to a special "Hostess Appreciation Tea".
40. Encourage relatives to book a show.
41. Call your realtor with suggestions for "new home packages".
42. Offer to do a class for your local grocery store.
43. Start an e-mail address book of customers who want to know what the monthly specials are, don't forget to mention the Hostess specials. If there isn't one,create one.
44. Encourage your hostesses and guests to refer potential hostesses to you.
45. Offer a bridal registry.
46. Promote Bridal Party shows.
47. Describe and highlight the hostess plan during shows.
48. Be friendly and enthusiastic.
49. Follow through on every booking lead.
50. ASK, ASK, ASK.
51. Use open-ended questions, especially when dealing with booking concerns.
52. Use your products and samples at home, office, camping, parties, etc..
53. Read sales, self improvement, and positive thinking books.
54. Call at least two potential hostesses every night.
55. Dream and imagine the possibilities.
56. Set goals and review them constantly. Post them where you can see them.
57. Ask friends to help you get started or reach a certain goal.
58. Use hostess flyers.
59. Use postcards and/or newsletters to continue to spark interest.
60. Follow up phone calls to particularly interested guests. They may decide later to have a show.
61. Have the hostess tell why she decided to host a show.
62. Give products as gifts or donations.
63. Don't be shy talking about your products or your business.
64. Smile when talking on the phone. It'll show through.
65. Review orders from past shows - guests who have bought frequently, a certain type of item, etc.
66. Be prepared to answer questions about your work.
67. Write down names of people who "owe you a favor" then follow up.
68. Call the most familiar people first.
69. Call potential hostesses who postponed or never booked.
70. Spend time every day working on some aspect of your business.
71. Be willing to share the business opportunity.
72. Call anyone who has said "maybe" or "sometime".
73. Contact schools
74. Advertise in local programs for festivals, school plays, church bazaars, etc.
75. Leave your business cards on bulletin boards or in local businesses.
76. Talk about upcoming specials with everyone.
77. Keep a list of special requests and let those guests know when that product is on sale.
78. Suggest hosting a show to do Christmas shopping without leaving home.
79. Offer a bonus for hostesses who book on days and/or months you need an extra show.
80. Give extra service and time to good customers - they will be repeat hostesses and potential consultants.
81. Carry a notepad to jot down names as you think of them.
82. Let guests keep a catalog or sales brochure to keep on hand or pass around work.
Kris LaBrake Regional VP Sales
Swissjust North America
Great opportunities for party pros' and newbies too! 75 Year Old Company - GREAT product - like new to the market! So much room to grow...and experienced coaching to help you realize your dreams. contact me today!
Kris_LaBrake@swissjust.net 603-753-2176
http://www.swissjustusa.com
Kris LaBrake

craft fairs

Postby pookeybearsmom » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:52 pm

Right now is a great time of year to do craft fairs and holiday fairs. You can look on craft lister.com and also see your local tourism office for events that you can pay a small fee ans set up a display for.
pookeybearsmom

Return to Advice for Party Plan Newbies