[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - I have a Big "Vent"

I have a Big "Vent"

Got something on your mind? Need to vent? Here's the place to let it all out!!

I have a Big "Vent"

Postby sarahbendt » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:52 pm

I am a waitress and anyone that works with the public can probably relate. I had a table of 8 people tonight and they were a BIG PAIN in my $*$. They wanted this and that and this and that......and I was the only waitress and extremely busy, it was St Patrick's Day. They left me NO tip at all!!!! Some people have some nerve! If you don't want to leave a tip go to a fast food place!!!!
There were other "pain in the you no what" people there tonight too! Can't people tell that you are running your butt off.
Even before I waited tables I always told my waitresses that were extremely busy not to worry about checking back until she had time. I know that they are only "Human" and that they can only do so much.
Maybe it is just our society now....everything has to be instantaneous!!!!
Sarah Bendt

Get your FREE samples at:
sarahbendt

Postby cinnamonmomof3 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:43 am

I can totally relate!!!! I’m a waitress too and have been for a few years now. It’s a huge bummer to run you a** off and not get tipped, and for a party of 8, I would be unhappy.

The other thing people don’t understand is that while, yes, tips are not required, the government expects that we are getting tips and we have to claim a % of our sales as tipped income, weather we get it or not the government thinks we do.

I can understand not tipping a horrible waitress, but before you go that route, look around, is your waitress busy? Are there other factors that could be at play?

We are servers, not servants!
[url]https://www.myinitials-inc.com/cinnamon[/url]
cinnamonmomof3

Postby silverspangled » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:57 pm

Well spoken girlfriend!
I waitressed for almost 10 years and let me tell you about rude people!!!!
Small diner in a very Pennsylvania Dutch town..old dutch people are the worst and they're cheap! Sometimes, they would leave me a dime or a nickel! %*&@#$

Now, when I go out to eat, I am friendly to the waitresses and I tip big. Only after you waitress, do you realize that they are not servants.
Sue
.925 Sterling Silver
silver_spangled@inbox.com
silverspangled

Return to Venting Area