[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Ready to give up

Ready to give up

Got something on your mind? Need to vent? Here's the place to let it all out!!

Ready to give up

Postby Too embarrassed to sign » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:13 pm

Too embarrassed to sign

Postby Home&GardenGirl » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:34 pm

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mindy Wheeler
Home & Garden Party Independent Designer
gigglezz78@hotmail.com
www.homeandgardenparty.com

** I LUV WHAT I DO...YOU CAN TOO **

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Home&GardenGirl

Postby ShyAim » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:50 pm

ShyAim

don't give up!!

Postby Rosalee » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:55 pm

Rosalee

Postby MinT » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:26 pm

Independent Consultant
Relax on your seat while soaking your feet!

come ryze with me www.ryze.com/go/MinT88
MinT

Take a break

Postby CandleJen » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:11 am

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I started with Partylite in the beginning of June and and haven't had any parties since my starter show. But I'm not giving up. Since you know that these are the hard months, take a break. Do what others told you. Try new ways of advertising. Make up new Specials to bring people in. Ask for referrals. Tell your old clients about a new catalog or a new product line coming out. Who knows, they might book again.

Point blank--- DON'T GIVE UP. Take a break. And GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
CandleJen

Postby SensariaLady » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:05 pm

We all go through these ups and downs and I've been there myself last summer, no shows in those 3 months, I am lucky that I have a great customer base that re-orders.

What turned things around for me was this February, the company president came to our city to do a connect with Sensaria event and meet the reps in this area, I was her main contact here, because I was the only leader in this area.

Before the event I was having dinner with the president and told her about my struggle with bookings. She said something that changed everything for me. She said, when you go to your shows go from a standpoint of abundance. Abundance in bookings, recruit leads and sales. Like others said, people will sense if you are desperate, however if you go in and do a show and especially when they see how much you are enjoying yourself and how much fun everyone is having at your party, they want to be part of that.

I had a spa party the next day, and went in with that attitude, there were only 7 people there and by the time I was done, I was down to 4!! People were leaving in the middle of my show saying they had to go. It was a Saturday morning show. I chose not to let that bother me, and continued with the same enthusiasm I started the show with.

I ended up with 3 bookings that day!!! and my business has been steady ever since. I go in with service to my hosts and guests and each one I treat as my special guest and make it all about them and how my products, my hostess program can serve them, and not me. 3 of those past hostesses from those shows signed to be reps, and they contacted me, I did not have to do anything!!!

When I asked them what made them think about joining, they said it was because of you and how much you just cared about giving a great show and made everyone feel special. They told me the products do sell themselves, but you gave us something else, your sincere caring about our needs.

So its all in what you put out there you get back.
If you want talk about it more, I will be more than happy to share more about how I transformed and turned around my business. You can e-mail me at haaalanb@hotmail.com

Take care
Hala
Hala Barghouty IR#2998
Independent Advisor for
Sensaria Natural Bodycare
http://www.mysensaria.com/hala
Seeking Independent Reps Nation Wide
"Bring The Spa Home"tm
Building Successful Businesses while Living Balanced lives
SensariaLady

Postby ravish30 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:57 pm

I agree with everything everyone has posted.

I would take a short break and come up with a new business plan which includes coming up with new advertising and new marketing for your business. Target New customers and New Hosts.

Shelly
ravish30

Postby tdbexpo » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:06 am

I understand the take a break thing but sometimes that makes is harder to get restarted too. I would say
1. maybe have a mystery hostess or a fall bazaar and offer a discount.
2. do some kind of incentive for booking a show -ex. I might do a drawing for 1 big item if 3 people book a show and another for 6 shows.
3. do you use guest surveys? this is a must.
I really could go on and on . Please feel free to email me and I will be glad to give you some more suggestions.
I have been there too.
Tracy Bryan
Premier Designs
tdbexpo

Postby bianca5454 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:58 pm

I agree with Mindy too! :P

You said: Unfortunately, my enthusiasm hasn't rubbed off on others.
This is not good. If I were you, take a break away from it for a while, but set a date that you WILL get back into it again.

Re-evaluate WHY you got into this to begin with! You said you love the products, so that is a great start! Look at some of the new products you have coming out for the holiday and be your own customer! Indulge yourself!

Then, just get back to it. Forget about what happened before. Start fresh, and have a plan. Personally, I would make it a loose plan too. I think that if you set your goals WAY to high, you will let yourself down.

It's important to keep it fun! Hang in there!
Bianca Stone
Watkins Associate
Order online at www.watkinsonline.com/home, enter ID# 358211

Visit my blog: http://funfood4u.blogspot.com/

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams~Elenor Roosevelt~
bianca5454

Postby Sean11 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:15 am

Hi

When I started reading this and you said your products were spa products and you were looking for new customers I thought about a lady whom I have seen at our local tennis club, she spends a couple of days a month at the club and demonstrated her products to the members, relaxing bath oils, massage oils face creams etc.

She just has a table with products and information on and chats to the members, it is very informal, when she is not around there are always brochures that you can use to see the range and these also have her contact details. I assume she is doing well as she has been doing it for over a year now.

It is just a thought but if you could also get the receptionists at some sporting clubs to use your products, maybe give them a few samples they could act as reps for you and should have access to people with more disposable income who are interested in the relaxation and spa culture.
Sean11

Re: Ready to give up

Postby Enchanted Journey Gifts » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:32 pm

Liz
Helping those with chronic illness look and feel their best.
www.myfibrosmile.com/lizhazelmyer
Enchanted Journey Gifts

Postby kitkitwv » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:24 pm

Hang in there! I have the job from HELLLLLLL Right now... Sorry to swear, but its true!!! I do part time from home parties, and the rest of the time I'm basically data-entry at the job from, well, you know where.... You hang in there, and advertise all you can... I too am passionate about the products I sell, but its taking awhile to get started... Just eat, sleep, and breathe advertising, and you'll make it!!!
Come see our items, and tell us if you'd like to be a distributor! And, use our items to host home parties, too! Party on! and Make extra cash!
www.jccollectiblesandbeyond.com
kitkitwv

Return to Venting Area