Suggestions for Booking
1. The telephone is
your best friend, use it. Make at least 5 calls per day for bookings and
recruits. Do this faithfully and assure yourself a full date book.
2. A walk-in or open house. To acquaint neighbors and your community
with you product, send invitations to friends, neighbors and
acquaintances. Give brochures to the newspaper person, put notices up in
supermarkets. Advertise that there will be refreshments and a chance to
see your product.
3. Mystery Hostess Party. The consultant has a party in her home and
awards the hostess credits to the guests. The credits can be divided up
or given in different ways. For instance, name goes in for each $25
4. Trade shows, fairs, expos, events. Check on local activities and
reserve well in advance. Consult your up-line on methods and set ups.
5. Advertising. Newspapers and penny-savers.
6. Brochures. Distribute your catalog or mini brochure at dentist,
doctors, or anywhere you do business.
7. Business referrals. Real estate office, model homes, flower shops.
Any business exchange advertising and verbal referrals.
8. Bridal registry/bridal showers. For the bride where the guests may
9. Show on the go/Booking in a basket. Excellent for the office. Place
several small items in a basket and one larger one. When an order of $30
is placed, the customer can select a small gift. When all the gifts are gone, the hostess gets to open the bigger gift.
(suggest 10 gifts)
10. Delivery Day Special. Offer the hostess, at the time of delivery, a
special gift from you when she picks up a booking or two as she delivers
her guests items.
11. Offer the hostess an additional gift when she re-books herself
with-in 3 months. You may want to offer her an extra incentive for
holding 3 shows within a year.
12. Offer a gift with purchase to encourage orders.
13. Offer a free product of their choice to people who take the brochure
home, share it with friends and family and get 5 additional orders
resulting in a certain amount of dollars.
These tips were submitted by:
Julie Ryals from